Createscape Coworking, LLC was designed to foster community and support creative entrepreneurs, non-profits, small businesses, remote workers, freelancers, and other enterprising individuals in Austin, Texas. We serve our members by providing office space, designated desks, general coworking areas, private offices, wifi internet, a conference room, call rooms, lounges, kitchen use, coffee and tea, locker options, events, a collaborative community and other resources. By joining Createscape, members must agree to specified rules in our community that encourage everyone to be considerate of one another and respect the office space.
Full 24/7 access to the space. Designated desk members will always have their personal space to be able to work at, and general coworking members will almost always have desk availability in any of the open coworking areas.
Quiet enjoyment of our open office space. Please take long or loud phone calls, ongoing conversations, conference calls, or video chats in the conference room or call room as to not disturb others working around you. We are definitely not a library, but we do ask that everyone is respectful to others focused on their work.
Door codes. The door code you use for access is your personal code and is to be kept private and not shared with anyone else. Additionally you may not share the bathroom door codes.
Keep work spaces tidy and clean up after yourself. Help us keep the shared office space a clean environment for all by picking up trash after yourself, wiping down your desk (or the kitchen) if you have made a mess, thoroughly washing dishes after each use and not leaving personal food items in the refrigerator longer than a week.
Conference room reservations & call room use. Conference room reservations are posted on the tablet outside the room, but if you are not conflicting with a reservation you may pop in to use it for up to 1 hour at a time to allow others the equal opportunity to make new reservations or also use it without a reservation. Always check the reservations to see if it is available before using. The call room can be used on a first-come, first-served basis for up to 1 hour at a time.
Printing & Office Supplies. Feel free to use our scanner, printer, paper, pens, and other office supplies. However please keep a reasonable limit on the amount that you use or print so that we can continue to offer this as a free amenity to members. Large print jobs should be taken care of at home or a print shop.
Be aware of our payment and cancellation policies. Even with our month-to-month flexible membership options, we do not accept late cancellations and you will be billed for the next month’s membership on the regularly-scheduled date.
Bringing dogs in must be approved. Small, quiet, well-behaved dogs are only allowed if permission is given by Createscape staff and we reserve the right to ask you to keep them at home if they prove to be disruptive.
Parking. If you have an automobile or motorcycle, you are welcome to park anywhere in the back or side lots of the building, or in the front or any side streets that do not restrict parking. If you have a bike, you are welcome to lock up your bike in our rack in the back parking lot. You may not leave any vehicles or bikes for longer than 1 week at a time.
2. Description of Services. Createscape may provide you with access to office space, work stations, internet access, office equipment, conference room space, knowledge resources, and other services as Createscape may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Internet/Network Use. As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Createscape server, or the network(s) connected to any Createscape server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Createscape server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
4. Open Environment & Quiet Enjoyment. This is an open office shared by many different peoples and organizations and all members have the right to quiet enjoyment and to stay focused on their work. Everyone is expected to be courteous to others around them.
5. Liability. All members and guests are responsible for their own belongings and actions. Should any action or inaction cause damage or cost to Createscape that cost will be levied to that member or members. As in any commercial office or studio Createscape is not covered for the risks and liabilities associated with children or animals. All liability for children and pets is assumed by the member.
6. Termination. A member acting in disregard to the office rules will be given a warning. After three (3) warnings, that person will be notified and dismissed as a member. Createscape reserves the right to refund the pro-rated cost of unused services and terminate your membership immediately for violation of any membership policy or community rule. Gross misconduct can result in immediate termination.
7. Payment, Deposit, and Renewal. Payment is required at the beginning of the month for that period and each member must have an active credit or debit card on file for your account and you agree that the full payment of your membership will be automatically billed to you on the 1st of the month. You shall let Createscape management know if you need to update your information on file and a $5 fee will be applied for each day your monthly dues payment is returned uncollectible including, but not limited to, non-sufficient funds, expired credit cards, cancelled credit cards, overdrafts and closed accounts. Createscape membership renewal is always automatic each month unless written notice is given of a cancellation date. Members can change their membership type or cancel their membership, and hence terminate this agreement, at any time by providing at least 7 days advance notice in writing before the end of the month for our flexible month-to-month plan. There is no deposit for the standard month-to-month plan. If you have opted for the 12-month commitment plan, you must pay a 1-month deposit at the time of sign-up, which will be credited to payment for your 12th month. The 12-month commitment plan will automatically change to a month-to-month plan at the end of the term unless you follow the same steps to sign up for a new 12-month commitment plan. The same 7 days advance notice in writing before the end of the month is required to cancel the 12-month commitment plan to prevent automatic billing for the next month. If the 12-month plan is canceled early before the end of the term length, the member agreement is terminated and the deposit will not be refunded or credited to you.
8. Building Rules. It is expected that you will observe normal use of the building at all times and not damage or deface the building or its fixtures, fittings, decor and furnishings or compromise its security or protection from fire, flood, gas, electricity or weather. Members will not compromise the building security or the security of the spaces therein and will ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to safeguard the Createscape building, occupants and the occupants possessions. At no time should security locks be bypassed or left in an open position and external doors should never be propped open whilst unattended.
9. Facilities and Services. Createscape reserves the right at any time to delete, discontinue, repair or replace the equipment without any effect on this agreement. Createscape also reserves the right to make changes to the type or quantity of equipment or services offered and to alter the hours of operation in Createscape’ discretion. Createscape might close on a temporary basis its facilities (or portions of its facilities) for maintenance, selected holidays, etc. and such temporary closures will have no effect on this agreement so long as such temporary closures are reasonable.
Rules and Regulations. You agree to follow Createscape’s membership policies and office rules. Createscape may, in its sole discretion, modify the policies and any community rules without prior notice at any time. Members will be notified via email any time the community rules are changed. The most current community rules will always be posted on the Createscape website.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CREATESCAPE PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF OR RELATED TO: MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF VIRUSES, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, RESULTS, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT AND LACK OF NEGLIGENCE. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY, DUTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, AND CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON- INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, OR ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES, REMAINS WITH YOU.
12. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CREATESCAPE OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES (WHETHER OR NOT WHOLLY-OWNED), AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, AND THEIR PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OFFICERS, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, JOINTLY AND INDIVIDUALLY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR: LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY (INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE), NEGLIGENCE, AND ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN OR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF CREATESCAPE , AND EVEN IF CREATESCAPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Limitation of Liability and Remedies. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF CREATESCAPE OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES (WHETHER OR NOT WHOLLY-OWNED), AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, AND THEIR PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OFFICERS, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS TOU AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS (INCLUDING SECTIONS 8 AND 9 ABOVE) SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
By agreeing to these terms, the user understands and expressly agrees that use of this Createscape facility or any Createscape facility, involves the risk of injury to the user and guests whether caused by negligence or not. It is understood that there are known and unanticipated risks ranging from minor injuries to serious injuries including paralysis, brain injury and death. In consideration of participation in the activities and use of the facilities and equipment offered by Createscape, and users understand and voluntarily assume full responsibility for any and all risks to which they are exposed and willingly accept all risks including injury or death. Users agree that Createscape, its owners, parent companies, sister entities, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, agents, representatives, employees and independent contractors shall not be liable for any injury or damages, including but not limited to death, personal injury, including physical or emotional, property damage, economic loss or any other injuries or damages to the user, spouse, domestic partner, guest, children, unborn children or relatives resulting from any negligence of Createscape or anyone acting on Createscape’s behalf. Users assume the risk of injury associated with any and all activities on the premises specifically including but not limited to use of any equipment, Createscape Coworking LLC, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, officers, directors, shareholders, members, agents, representatives, employees and independent contractors from any and all liability, claims, demands, injuries, damages, lawsuits or causes of action arising out of my membership or activities on the premises regardless of whether such injury arises from the sole, joint or concurrent negligence of Createscape or anyone acting on its behalf. Users understand that they are liable for all damages caused to the Createscape facility, its members, and their property caused by the user, guests or personal property. Users understand that by agreeing to these terms, they are waiving the right to assert any claim against Createscape for any future injuries or damages. Users expressly waive the right to sue Createscape for any damages, injuries or death arising from the membership or participation in any activity at any Createscape facility.
Users authorize Createscape Coworking to keep this card on file for future charges and understand that the card will be billed on the 1st of each month for my membership rate and any past-due amount with notice.